By Srinath Raghavan
Read or Download 1971 PDF
Similar asian history books
Via a cultural research of the symbols of loss of life - flesh, blood, bones, souls, time numbers, nutrients and funds - chinese language dying Rituals in Singapore throws gentle upon the chinese language notion of demise and the way they focus on its eventuality. within the seeming mass of spiritual rituals and ideology, it means that there's an underlying good judgment to the rituals.
This booklet offers a concise advent to modern China. it really is meant as a primary e-book for these coming new to the topic, delivering the fundamental info that the majority humans want to know, with no going into over the top element. Its insurance comprises the financial system, society, politics and diplomacy; China's heritage, specially the 20th century; and Taiwan and Hong Kong in addition to the People's Republic of China.
Marigold provides the 1st carefully documented, in-depth tale of 1 of the Vietnam War's final nice mysteries: the key peace initiative, codenamed "Marigold," that sought to finish the conflict in 1966. The initiative failed, the battle dragged on for an additional seven years, and this episode sank into heritage as an unresolved controversy.
James McHugh bargains the 1st accomplished exam of the ideas and practices on the topic of scent in pre-modern India. Drawing on quite a lot of textual assets, from poetry to scientific texts, he indicates the numerous spiritual and cultural position of scent in India in the course of the first millennium CE.
- The Ashgate Research Companion to the Korean War
- China and the Global Political Economy (International Political Economy Series)
- Wives, Slaves, and Concubines: A History of the Female Underclass in Dutch Asia
- Censorium: Cinema and the Open Edge of Mass Publicity
- Identity and Memory in Post-Soviet Central Asia: Uzbekistan's Soviet Past (Central Asia Research Forum)
- Nationalism, Democracy and National Integration in China (Routledge Contemporary China Series)
Extra info for 1971
1971 by Srinath Raghavan