By Zeynep Direk,Leonard Lawlor
A significant other to Derrida is the main complete unmarried quantity reference paintings at the considered Jacques Derrida. top students current a precis of his most crucial accomplishments throughout a vast diversity of topics, and supply new tests of those achievements.
- The so much accomplished unmarried quantity reference paintings at the considered Jacques Derrida, with contributions from hugely sought after Derrida scholars
- Unique specialize in 3 significant philosophical subject matters of metaphysics and epistemology; ethics, faith, and politics; and artwork and literature
- Introduces the reader to the positions Derrida took in quite a few components of philosophy, in addition to clarifying how derrideans interpret them within the present
- Contributions current not just a precis of Derrida’s most crucial accomplishments relating to a variety of disciplines, but additionally a brand new overview of those accomplishments
- Offers a better figuring out of ways Derrida’s paintings has fared in view that his death
Read or Download A Companion to Derrida (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar modern philosophy books
This is often the 1st booklet to contemplate the expanding value of Jean-Luc Nancy's paintings, which has stimulated key thinkers reminiscent of Jacques Derrida. All his significant works were translated into English, but formerly little has been made on hand on his position in modern philosophy. via displaying how he situates his paintings in a latest context - the cave in of communism, the Gulf warfare, and the previous Yugoslavia - this striking assortment unearths how Nancy's engagement with Hegel, Marx, Nietzsche, Heidegger and Derrida makes him one of many key modern continental philosophers.
Judgment After Arendt is either the 1st full-length learn of Hannah Arendt's The lifetime of the brain and, even as, a philosophical paintings at the center thoughts of considering, keen and judging. constructed from pondering and prepared, her ultimate and so much sustained philosophical venture, Arendt's paintings is framed by means of the 'thought-less' Adolf Eichmann whose 'banality' of brain in committing evil she saw at his trial in Jerusalem.
Bachelorarbeit aus dem Jahr 2012 im Fachbereich Philosophie - Philosophie des 20. Jahrhunderts / Gegenwart, notice: 1,8, FernUniversität Hagen (Philosophie), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Welchen Beitrag kann Irigarays Konstrukt vom geschlechtsspezifischen Sprechen, Denken und Handeln zur Entwicklung einer „weiblichen“ Philosophie leisten und welche Rückschlüsse lassen sich in diesem Kontext auf die Gegenwart und Tendenzen theoretischer feministischer Diskussion und Forschung, aber auch der politisch-praktischen Diskussion schließen?
Fachbuch aus dem Jahr 2013 im Fachbereich Philosophie - Philosophie des 20. Jahrhunderts / Gegenwart, , Sprache: Deutsch, summary: „Zur Freiheit verurteilt“ – so beschrieb Jean-Paul Sartre den Zustand des Menschen, als er mit seiner Philosophie den Grundstein für radikal existenzialistisches Denken legte.
- Schopenhauers Willensmetaphysik: Eine Einführung zum Verständnis Schopenhauers und darüber hinaus (German Edition)
- Understanding Deleuze (Cultural Studies)
- Hegel's Social Philosophy: The Project of Reconciliation (Modern European Philosophy)
- Philosophy As Fiction: Self, Deception, and Knowledge in Proust
Additional resources for A Companion to Derrida (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Derrida (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Zeynep Direk,Leonard Lawlor