By Graham Saunders
Read or Download A History of Brunei PDF
Best asian history books
Via a cultural research of the symbols of demise - flesh, blood, bones, souls, time numbers, meals and cash - chinese language demise Rituals in Singapore throws gentle upon the chinese language notion of dying and the way they focus on its eventuality. within the seeming mass of spiritual rituals and ideology, it means that there's an underlying common sense to the rituals.
This ebook offers a concise advent to modern China. it truly is meant as a primary e-book for these coming new to the topic, offering the fundamental details that almost all humans want to know, with no going into over the top element. Its insurance contains the financial system, society, politics and diplomacy; China's historical past, particularly the 20th century; and Taiwan and Hong Kong in addition to the People's Republic of China.
Marigold provides the 1st conscientiously documented, in-depth tale of 1 of the Vietnam War's final nice mysteries: the key peace initiative, codenamed "Marigold," that sought to finish the conflict in 1966. The initiative failed, the conflict dragged on for one more seven years, and this episode sank into historical past as an unresolved controversy.
James McHugh bargains the 1st entire exam of the ideas and practices regarding scent in pre-modern India. Drawing on a variety of textual assets, from poetry to clinical texts, he indicates the numerous spiritual and cultural function of odor in India through the first millennium CE.
- Mao's War against Nature: Politics and the Environment in Revolutionary China (Studies in Environment and History)
- US Navy Carrier Aircraft vs IJN Yamato Class Battleships: Pacific Theater 1944–45 (Duel)
- The Chinese in Cuba, 1847-Now (AsiaWorld)
- The Royal Rajputs
- Taiwan: A New History: A New History (Taiwan in the Modern World (M.E. Sharpe Hardcover))
- Bengal in Global Concept History: Culturalism in the Age of Capital (Chicago Studies in Practices of Meaning)
Extra info for A History of Brunei
A History of Brunei by Graham Saunders