By Christopher Munn
Read Online or Download Anglo-China: Chinese People and British Rule in Hong Kong, 1841-1880 PDF
Similar asian history books
Via a cultural research of the symbols of demise - flesh, blood, bones, souls, time numbers, foodstuff and funds - chinese language dying Rituals in Singapore throws gentle upon the chinese language notion of dying and the way they focus on its eventuality. within the seeming mass of spiritual rituals and ideology, it means that there's an underlying common sense to the rituals.
This booklet offers a concise creation to modern China. it really is meant as a primary ebook for these coming new to the topic, offering the fundamental info that the majority humans want to know, with no going into over the top aspect. Its insurance comprises the economic system, society, politics and diplomacy; China's background, in particular the 20th century; and Taiwan and Hong Kong in addition to the People's Republic of China.
Marigold provides the 1st carefully documented, in-depth tale of 1 of the Vietnam War's final nice mysteries: the key peace initiative, codenamed "Marigold," that sought to finish the struggle in 1966. The initiative failed, the warfare dragged on for one more seven years, and this episode sank into heritage as an unresolved controversy.
James McHugh bargains the 1st entire exam of the recommendations and practices regarding scent in pre-modern India. Drawing on a variety of textual resources, from poetry to clinical texts, he exhibits the numerous spiritual and cultural function of odor in India in the course of the first millennium CE.
- Gunboat Justice Volume 2: British and American Law Courts in China and Japan (1842–1943)
- The Hindi Public Sphere 1920–1940: Language and Literature in the Age of Nationalism (Oxford India Collection)
- The Long Partition and the Making of Modern South Asia: Refugees, Boundaries, Histories (Cultures of History)
- Movie Migrations: Transnational Genre Flows and South Korean Cinema (New Directions in International Studies)
- Gandhi and Liberalism: Satyagraha and the Conquest of Evil
Extra info for Anglo-China: Chinese People and British Rule in Hong Kong, 1841-1880
Anglo-China: Chinese People and British Rule in Hong Kong, 1841-1880 by Christopher Munn