By Stuart C Aitken,Gill Valentine
"The booklet covers a number of the (traditionally) such a lot obtuse and difficult-to-grasp philosophical principles that experience stimulated geographers/geography. the truth that those are provided in an inclusive and available demeanour is a key power. Many scholars have commented that the chapters they've got learn have inspired them to learn extra during this box, that's impressive from a lecturer's perspective."
- Richard White, Sheffield Hallam University
A re-creation of the vintage ways textual content for college kids, organised in 3 sections, which overviews and explains the historical past and philosophy of Human Geographies in all its purposes by means of those that coaching it:
- Section One – Philosophies: Positivist Geography / Humanism / Feminist Geographies / Marxisms / Structuration concept / Human Animal / Realism / Postmodern Geographies/ Poststructuralist Theories / Actor-Network thought, / Postcolonialism / Geohumanities / applied sciences
- Section – People: associations and Cultures / locations and Contexts / thoughts and wishes / realizing position / own and Political / changing into a Geographer / stream and come upon / areas and Flows / locations as techniques
- Section 3 – Practices: Mapping and Geovisualization / Quantification, proof, and Positivism / Geographic details platforms / Humanism / Activism / Feminist Geographies / Poststructuralist Theories / Psychoanalysis / Environmental Inquiry / Contested Geographies and tradition Wars
Fully up-to-date all through and with 8 fresh chapters - this can be the middle textual content for modules on background, conception, and perform in Human Geography.
Read or Download Approaches to Human Geography: Philosophies, Theories, People and Practices PDF
Best human geography books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2011 im Fachbereich Geowissenschaften / Geographie - Regionalgeographie, word: 1,7, Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die geschichtliche Entwicklung Europas samt Jesus, Kreuzzügen, der Französischen Revolution und den beiden Weltkriegen dürfte den meisten Europäern zumindest ungefähr präsent sein.
This ebook offers an important perception into the practices and ideas of maps and map-making. It attracts on a variety of social theorists, and theorists of maps and cartography, to teach how maps and map-making have formed the areas during which we are living. Going past the point of interest of conventional cartography, the booklet attracts on examples of using maps from the 16th century to the current, together with their function in tasks of the nationwide and colonial country, emergent capitalism and the planetary cognizance of the traditional sciences.
The final forty years has obvious an important shift from country dedication to asylum-based psychological future health care to a combined economic system of care in a number of destinations. within the wake of this deinstitutionalisation, realization so far has focussed on clients and prone of care. the results for the belief and upholstery of the psychiatric asylum have remained 'stones unturned'.
The unlawful urban explores the connection among house, legislation and gendered subjectivity via an in depth examine an 'illegal' squatter payment in Delhi. due to the fact 2000, a chain of judicial rulings in India have criminalised squatters as 'illegal' voters, 'encroachers' and 'pickpockets' of city land, and feature ended in a spate of slum demolitions around the kingdom.
- Regional Development Theories and Their Application
- Climate Change and Human Development
- Cultural Production in and Beyond the Recording Studio (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- Geographies of Children, Youth and Families: An International Perspective
- Food Security, Gender and Resilience: Improving Smallholder and Subsistence Farming (Earthscan Food and Agriculture)
- Territory, Identity and Spatial Planning: Spatial Governance in a Fragmented Nation
Additional info for Approaches to Human Geography: Philosophies, Theories, People and Practices
Approaches to Human Geography: Philosophies, Theories, People and Practices by Stuart C Aitken,Gill Valentine